Friday, January 7, 2011

Love4Music 2.0

Another sleepless night of listening to music as it is probably one of my favorite past times. If I could, I would want to have the job of finding up and coming bands to promote and help them get rich and famous. (pretty much help them "sell out") Sure it wouldn't be the most glamorous job, but I really don't need anything fancy to live a happy life. Going to underground clubs to hear bands, meeting crazy people that come from a different living experience that I couldn't even imagine and getting to hear all the different perspectives on life... I mean what else do you need?!

Have you ever had a song pop in your head, but you can't think of the title of it nor the artist? Cause I definitely struggled with that for the past hour. I could only remember one word of the song title.. and sadly it wasn't enough for youtube to help me out. The only person I know that would know the song title and could help me out... Well, she has a full-time 8-5 job and I doubt she would enjoy me waking her up at 2am asking for a song title. Anyways after hours of searching I luckily found it. I really have no idea what made me think of this song. Oh well I hope you enjoy it.
The Friday Night Boys - Permanent Heartbreak Acoustic Live

With the awesome-ness that comes along with youtube is the possibility to find more music that fits your tastes by their suggestion column. So I stumbled upon this song that I really liked. I've never heard of Anarbor before, but I'm sure I'll be searching through all their songs in the next couple days.
Anarbor - Passion for Publication

Well I hope you enjoy this type of music... I'm a huge fan of acoustic songs like these, maybe minus the whole heartbreak part of it... The thing that draws me into some songs would be the fact I can hear/see the passion and emotional connection between the artist and their song. That's what I think music should be.

Enjoi,

Alastar Swift

PS. For everyone who would call this "EMO", well let me elaborate a bit. What is "emo" short for? Emotion. All music contains some sort of emotion because that is what draws people to that certain song.  That is why one person can LOVE a song and a different person can HATE it. It's about the connect. Just a reminder that almost all songs can really be called, "EMO". All except for the horrendous music that is only created for radio play. Those are what I like to call, Awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment