Friday, January 14, 2011

Life's just a Waiting Game, Until You Take Advantage of It

So this week has been the most exciting week of 2011. I finally received my acceptance letter from TKU (aka Taiwan University). Sadly, I also learned that the fellow student that had turned in all their information and paperwork before me, still hasn't received theirs yet. I hope for the best for them as I will be enjoying blowing a grand on a 13 hour plane ticket. They say it will be around 26 hours, but they don't tell you about the 13 hour jump ahead. I mean that going to be a crazy jet lag that I'm going to experience. I've only experience about a 5 hour one, I can't imagine a 13 hour lag. But I'm sure I'll dominate it, and if needed I'll just pull an all nighter and listen to music and stay awake until the normal sleep time of Taiwan.

I'll need to start researching different things to do when I get there, as I have heard the classes will be a great time and won't take much outside effort. This will be great so that I can just go out and explore and hopefully not disappear nor get into a situation where I can't talk myself back to the university. That is my worst fear of being in a place and not being able to find my way back because of the language barrier. I'm sure that I will overcome that, because I'm sure countless of people speak English.

So for the past month or two, well since December 10th (graduation day for me) I haven't been doing much. Setting my alarm on my blackberry to 10am, and snoozing every 5 minutes until 11am. The I'll make breakfast and from hours 12 - 6, I'll make breakfast/lunch, watch the history channel, play guitar, read, watch documentaries, listen to music or podcast, or play Black Ops. Then around 7 I'll go to the gym and workout or play basketball until 10pm. At the moment I am living the life and I can't complain. Since doing this routine, I've noticed that I really am not bad at bball, but there are just some people that really shouldn't play pick up basketball. More to them, but at the same time it's really frustrating to play with people that don't know how to play except to throw up 3 point shots which are a miracle if they even go in.

I've learned a lot watching different documentaries. Ranging from Marijuana to North Korea to Graffiti to Religion. I've probably learned more information than I have in the past 4.5 years at college. Maybe it's the fact that I don't have to learn it, and that I am interested/ I don't have to know that type of information. Either way, it sticks and I couldn't be more happier to share what I have learned with people.

Well It's about that time to end this article and leave you with something that is worth while. Someone once said, "Destiny is not a matter of chance, it's a matter of choice." I really couldn't put it better... my lame think process only put out, "You can't just hope for the best, You have to go out and do your best." I think my friend definitely put it in better terms.

Anyways, I would like to introduce you to a film that changed my life. Kymatica, is a film that makes you think outside the box. It definitely shows you a different side to a lot of different issues. Which reinforced me to think about how each issue has 2 different sides. I don't support all of the ideas that are shown in this film, but I do like the fact that it opens up people to the knowledge of different aspects of the areas that it covers. I hope you enjoy it.

Cheerio,


Alastar Swift

PS. I wrote a song. May not be the best, but I know you will like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment