Tuesday, January 4, 2011

11 years after Y2K

We made it. No one thought we'd last this long pre-2000 era, but boy did we prove them wrong. Now for the better or worse, well I really can't decide on that. This world is pretty damn crazy when it come to all aspects of life. I mean we have deeply religious individuals that are willing to die for their "god" and we have people in powerful positions that aren't looking out for the best interests for their people. Don't get me wrong, we can always find negative things before positives. It's almost innate that we ramble about something negative before the thought of talking about something positive. I do it all the time, I'm trying to watch what I say because I really want to change that. So lets look at all the positives of 2000, um every single website we are able to use to this day. I can keep in touch with all my friends and I can even see crazy picture of people I don't even talk too. (kind of creepy) The ability to write my thoughts on a "blog" and have people read it, hate it, like it, or maybe the slim chance it may change the reader's perspective on life. There are so many great things that have come from the last 10 years, but they are usually covered in the shadows of all the bad events. So here's to 2011, where we should focus only on the positives, but not to forget to acknowledge the bad.

This brings me to a little thing I always did but after thinking about it, I'm going to stop. New Years Resolutions. I love the meaning behind it, changing one's life for the better. Great idea. What I don't like about it, is that it's the only time people try to change their life. Which happens only once a year. Everyone is able to change their life anytime during the year. Everyone is always saying, "I'll start tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, etc..." Why not start today? It's never too late to do what you want but at the same time, the hardest part is starting. So here is my advice for everyone's New Year's Resolution, I'm going to start anything and everything that I want to do during the year of 2011.

Let's start the New Years right folks and watch this video my friend showed me: Joe Rogan - You're a Fucking Human Being

Cheerio & Enjoi,

Alastar Swift

PS. This video may come off pretty harsh in the beginning, but trust me, watching it all will be worthwhile. ALSO check out my Friend's Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment