Friday, December 24, 2010

This is to YOU, (and you know who you are)

As I progress into a fulfilled adulthood, I would like to share my old role model for all things that I may have  attributed to my nature of growing up. This person's name was Charles Woodson. He played for Michigan as an collegiate player. He was and is a BIG 10 icon. This was one of the first Defensive Players to win the Hiesman. You may ask why, but I would love you to watch this short video about Charles Woodson and his ridiculous plays that he made. Woodson Icon Part 1 I hope that you will click Part II of this video so that you can see this role model's actions towards the local community.

Anyways since I am on the topic of Michigan, I thought I would mention that ABC News stated that Holland, MI is one of the Happiest Places to live in America (Feb 2010). This is crazy, maybe I should move there after college and enjoy the happiest place in America. As ABC News states this town has the #1 priority of religion which makes the small town of 35,000 the happiest place to live. One reason that I looked this up is the fact that someone happened to "brag" about how awesome this town was. So obivously I had to look this up and make sure that this town can fulfill these standards. One fact that I found interesting was that this town had over 100 different volunteer based service organizations. I am not a fan of all volunteer services but some of them can be really fun. I would like to get into a servive where you get to paint different walls and buildings of a cities. I may not be able to fulfill the "awesome-ness" of the designs that are worthwhile to be put on the certain places but I would be willing to paint the spaces between the lines.

According to my clock it is, 3:06am and that enough has been said of Michigan. Besides the fact they beat Minnesota in football the past couple of years, I think this blog has been way overdue. With that said....


Enjoi,

Alastar Swift

PS. The Fab Five of Michigan: Chris Webber, Juwan Howard, Jalen Rose, Jimmy King, Ray Jackson. Great Team except for the fact that Chris Webber didn't know that you couldn't call a Timeout without having a Timeout remaining... Smart Play C-Webb.

No comments:

Post a Comment