Saturday, December 18, 2010

A New Friend on Christmas Break


Yep, you guessed it... I came home from college during my winter break to find out my dear mother brought home a new dog. Sophie, is her name... and she is a crazy Pomeranian. I've never seen such a small-hyper dog that can jump like 2 feet in the air. Since I've been home she has been bouncing off the walls. Crazy dog but I'm sure I'll grow to live with her.

I've only been home this weekend, which brings me to a new topic. Is it just me or are some of the latest movies going down the drain? I've watched three movies this weekend, Inception, Get Him to Greek, and Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. Now Inception wasn't a bad movie, I actually enjoyed it the second time. ( I saw it in theaters back in the day) The only bad thing was the fact that I watched South Park make fun of the movie so that definitely added a comical aspect to watching it again.

I made it through maybe.. maybe the first 20 minutes of GH2G and I had to shut it off. Just terrible acting, story-line was awful, and the lines were just bad. Maybe it just wasn't my type of humor, but I love movies so that's why I put in Scott Pilgrim vs the World. Thinking to myself this movie can't be as bad as Get Him to Greek. It wasn't as bad, but it was weird. I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but it's just really weird. They pretty much threw together, Battle of the bands + Video games + Cheesy Love Story = Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. Morale of the story, I should probably just pick better movies next time I'm in town... or I should just stick my documentaries that I enjoy watching.

Anyways, I have to take Sophie for a walk, until next time.

Cheerio,

Alastar Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment