Sunday, December 5, 2010

Finals Week --> Graduation

As I prepared to study for the great week of Finals so that I can graduate, it seems to me everyone else likes to crowd into the smaug, library, or my personal favorite, Baldwin. I actually decrease my studying ability when I go to campus, because I love to "people watch". Why you may ask, because you can see/hear a lot of interesting things just by observing. Like let's take this as an example. (fake names are used)



  • Mark: Dude I was talking to my roommate's brother and he goes to West Point. He was thinking if there were to be troops needed for North Korea, they'd definately start the draft.
  • Tom: I don't want to be drafted… I hope to god! That there isn't a war cause I know that North Korea is just a experiment.
  • Mark: What do you mean by experiment?
  • Tom: This may seem way crazy and out there. but stick with me... North Korea is a real communist/dictator country, those people honestly believe that Kim Jong Il is a God. Now there is no way.. that the UN or any other country.. can honestly let someone do that to an entire population… That's against humanity.
  • Mark: That's true 
  • Tom: With the talks about the EU and US with a secret agenda.. New World Order, I think that they let that happen, to see if people can be psychologically changed to believe something of that nature. To see if people's thoughts and perceptions can be altered to be at that level. Imagine that at a large scale.. a world wide scale. No one has an opinion other than that of the governments/dictator beliefs. Just a thought.
  • Mark: Yeah, ultra censor-ship.
  • Tom: Crazy in nature.. but if I can think of it… that means other people have to.. and it could be true. I hope to GOD I'm just crazy and the world is A LOT better than that.
  • Mark: Naw.. you're right. This world is just a shitshow.
  • Tom: Oh and another thought… Why the fuck would NK attack? Who is backing them up? Someone had to convince them to attack. It'd be honestly like the world versus little fucking NK. China? wouldn't back that shit up.. the only reason they would join their side.. is if US keeps fucking crossing their non-military sea borders. I mean, the US is fucking with China right now.. and that's not good.
  • Mark: Yeah.. the U.S. has always been dicks about that lol… They're just testing them
  • Tom: I hope it doesn't bite us in the ass. I don't want to go against those crazy fucking Asian kids
  • Mark: Yeah dude.. I hear you
Now I know, this opportunity to hear something of this nature doesn't always happen everyday. However, this is a crazy conversation that holds some truth to it. Now what I pull from this conversation and you may pull may be different. But  these two individuals seem to have backed up their ideas with solid logic. 

I'll leave you with something to think about today. I would like to find an explanation of the word, "try". Can you really "try" to do something? Or is it, you either do it or you don't. I find it especially funny when someone says, "I'm trying to think…" So are they thinking or are they not. I'm sitting here wondering… how do you NOT think. It's a funny little word that I think we all have overlooked. 

Cheerio,

Alastar Swift

P.S. Yes, I eavesdrop… Please don't act like you don't either.

No comments:

Post a Comment