Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wonderful World of Wednesday...

What do college textbooks mess up?

Simple things like grammar. Now yes, I know my grammar and punctuation are quite childish but the scary thing is, I am certain I have better writing skills than most. Just counting this past (spring) semester and this (fall) semester I have encountered multiple grammatical errors in college textbooks. I have also seen evidence that authors will state their opinion as facts. Now am I the only person out there that feels this way? I really hope not, because I've been reading my textbooks as of late. (Surprise, surprise. I start trying hard towards the end of my college year, not visa-versa like most. ha) Here's my theory on how to fix this, If I (or a student) finds a grammatical error in a PUBLISHED and CREDIBLE book, I think we should be able to get our full monetary value back that we invested in this so called, "Book of Knowledge: College Learning Edition". Ask yourself, if your paper were to have grammatical errors in it, would you get an A? probably not, more like a C or D. Then why should they be able to charge $100+ for books full of errors?

Just something to think about, on this "Hump-Day",

Alastar Swift

PS. Have you ever had that ex randomly pop back into your life, when you thought it was all in the past… then it makes you feel like it just brought you two steps back? Don't fret it, the sun will always rise and that's a reason to stay positive. Just think if that ball of fire didn't rise, you wouldn't be thinking about your ex, would you?

1 comment:

  1. Lovin' the postscript... That's deep stuff. A+ blogging. haha

    ReplyDelete