Monday, November 8, 2010

Open Gym Madness

So I usually spend about 2 hours a night working out, either lifting and playing basketball or I just play basketball for 2 hours. I'm not saying that I'm the greatest player, but I'm good enough to tell who are going to be legit and who are just terrible at basketball. So tonight, I was just observing the pick up game that was going on, and let's label these players, Yellow Shirt, Skin, and Black Beater. Now this game pretty much revolved around these three players, and from the start I could tell that these guys were pretty good, and the rest of the team were ok, but lacked the fundamentals of the game. One thing I noticed of these 3 musketeers were that they all called every single foul even if their wasn't one. If they missed a lay-up, they would yell, "FOUL!" and I'm sitting on the bench warming up by dribble between my legs, and I would burst out laughing every time that would occur. I'd have to say, Yellow Shirt had an excuse for every missed lay-up, or for his lousy and sloppy drives to the basket. I don't know what his deal was but man, I just wanted to say, "Suck it up man, you fucked up. Just admit it." Is it that hard to admit that you fucked up? I don't have a problem saying it, but I guess a lot of people don't like to be wrong.

I'm just thinking to myself, I guess that's a way to save yourself after you try to drive the lane, they play great defense and you launch some crazy prayer of a shot. I give these guys credit because they have a pretty sick shot, but after what I have explained from what I saw tonight. I'm sure anyone that plays basketball will understand the "type" of player that I am describing. It was like watching a shitty AND1 showcase.

But thank god the other court's pick up game had gotten over, so that I didn't have to watch that anymore and could finally play a game.

Alastar Swift

"Don't leave any shots left in the chamber"

No comments:

Post a Comment