Sunday, November 7, 2010

Can I say "NO" to work… nope.

So Today, I was called into work, since all the MGMT are gone, and they needed me to close the store. So what else do I have to do on a nice Sunday Afternoon, football, Call of Duty, Halo Reach, watch Discovery, History, or TruTv channels, workout and maybe play a couple of pick up games of bball? but at $14 an hour and I get to run the store for 7 hours, Heck yes! Sign me up.

So besides all the crazy customers I have to deal with, this one sticks out as one of the worst customers I have ever had to deal with.. I'm going to rank it #4 on the list of crazy situations Mr. Swift has encountered.
So I get a page for a customer return and I go and meet this customer. First, she doesn't even let me say anything, she just attacks me. wait. let me fill a mental picture for you of this customer. (Lady was about 5'5", short white/blonde hair, probably 220lbs and had one of those nasty flower dresses on) so she is attacking me on the fact that she didn't get her candy for $0.49, and telling me there are signs up all over this certain candy bag that it's part of the deal. So I tell her to wait and go look for it, and it's clearly not marked like the other candies. So when I try to explain that she grabbed the wrong bag, she blows up and yells at me how "My company" hides products to screw over their customers. So I'm blocking her out, and thinking, 1) She got mad at me before I said anything 2) she lied to me and 3) now she is yelling at me and telling me I'm wrong because I called her bluff.

But she's still yelling, and I can either say sorry, and endure this stupid-angry-childish-rant made by this 40+ year old women, or I can just give her, the $1.49 refund of her candy and get her out of the store. So I decided on the latter, and I say, "I can refund you the $1.49" And for some weird reason, she get all pissed off and says "NO, I want my candy for 49 cents!!" "Why would you refund me $1.49!?" I'm taken back, I'm like did I make a mistake in my math, (Candy costs $1.99, coupon makes the candy .49, um equals.. $1.50.. and I round down because well I can and she was being a C) So I spend 5 minutes explaining, why I am refunding her $1.49 and how the math works.. and Then I see the lightbulb go off in her head, and that's the moment she stops yelling, and starts laughing at how much she loves candy.

I think some people need to be cut off from buying/eating candy. Why is America so unhealthy? I know candy isn't the overall Evil.. but still freak out about a bag of candy?! I mean c'mon people don't look so desperate sometimes.. $1.49 on candy.. On road trip with friends to a resort, a homeless dude asked me for some spare change for something to eat, I was like fuck yeah, here's a $1.25 go buy yourself a Mcdouble. But then again, no one knows on that trip that I gave someone a free meal. crazy how somethings work out.

To all those crazy people out there, keep it up.. cause it makes my life interesting.

Cheerio,

Alastar Swift

PS. I know you aren't reading this homeless guy, but hope that you are doing well, and my advice is to eat something more healthier than McDonalds. (I had bought one of their fruit smoothies, which are ok, as I haven't ate McDonalds for about a year?)

No comments:

Post a Comment