Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Lake-Show vs T-Pups

So, a couple of my friends and I caught a basketball game. Here's the catch, we actually spent money to watch professional basketball players. Now many of you may think I'm a little bias for saying such a sentence, but I mean, I wish I could get payed countless amounts of money to play a game that I would love to play everyday. Now my buddy had got some pretty sweet seats for how much we didn't pay. (let's be honest, we got cheap seats), one of the first things I noticed, 5.50 for a hamburger and 7.50 for a beer?!? What is this crazy nonsense. The second thing was… wait for it… Kobe Bryant (probably one of my favorite players) is a cocky mother@#$%&! I mean wow, I was taken back a little when I saw his off court and pre game mannerism. But, I guess I shouldn't expect anything less from a multi-MVP winner and a player that has won multiple NBA Championships. 


The plan was to watch Kobe put up huge numbers (i think he only got 24pts?) but it turned out to see the T-Pups actually play solid basketball. I saw a lot of sweet plays, dunks, and blocks. BUT I also realized that pro's just really play a crappy "Pro" version of a pick up game. All I saw were players driving the lane then jumping and passing it out. ("a basketball sin" - my HS BBall Coach) This really made me think that I will probably NEVER pay to watch this ever again. I'd have more fun at B-Dubs with an order of boneless wings, a beer, and a big screen to watch it. It'd be most likely cheaper, and I'm going out on a limb, but it probably would have been 10x more fun than at the game. All I heard was this crazy dude (give him props, he was with some pretty fine women) keep yelling, "Yo Lake-Show, Let's Go Lake-Show, Time to Start it up Lake-Show" I mean just countless of randomness. 


The real question about this whole ordeal is… Watch a game live OR Watch it somewhere where appetizers and drinks are cheap?


I know my views will definitely change when more income comes my way, but as for now, cheap appetizers and drinks, a big screen, and a huge group of friends are definitely a better way to watch a Professional Sporting Event. 


"All's fair in love and basketball"


Cheerio,


Alastar Swift


P.S. I forgot, The cheerleaders were definitely worth the tickets. Yes, and I think I saw 2 of them at a bar later that night… as well as Bernard Berrian. Lucky Me, Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment