Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Nootropics + Doodling + FBM = My Life

So for this past week, I splurged and bought some Nootropics. I've been trying to track the progress (or even any effects) that I felt through the week. I really haven't felt anything way different except that when I go outside, I could honestly just sit/stand and be totally amazed by nature. I used to do this before, but not to the extent of where I do now. It's actually creeping me out a little. Just because the fact that I'm in awe of how everything just works together and fits together almost perfectly. It's weird, almost I can't explain it to the full extent.

Another thing I've noticed is that math and problem solving has really improved. I could always do math in my head but it would take me a little while to do multi-digit multiplication. Now it's like being able to see the numbers written out in my imagination and then just quickly solve it as I would if it was on a piece of paper. For some reason, I'm able to apply imagination with math and problem solving (mostly work situations)

The last thing I've really noticed is that, my guitar playing ability has really picked up. I saved this one for last, since I do not know if it's really helped me out here, or that the fact it been almost been 4 years of playing and that I am finally reaching a point of where I'm comfortable with it and am able to create something. Whatever it may be, musical creativity has definitely improved.

I've been taking 5-HTP for the past month or so. This is also another nootropic. From my knowledge, it helps produce serotonin. I usually take one pill an hour or so before I go to sleep. Why you ask? because I just blast off into a whole new world when I dream. I've had so many vivid and lucid dreams, where I can acknowledge that I'm dreaming, keep the dream alive (without waking up) and keep rolling. Just as an example, the past two most vivid dreams I've had the past couple days involved, being pushed out of a helicopter (Scared of heights? I definitely am!), plunging into the ocean, swimming, and being able to breathe underwater. The other one I was full emotion ups and downs, trying to fend of a pride of female lions from overtaking my family farm. It was intense from almost getting attacked, being saved, to saving a person. It was an insane dream.

The one thing that I do remember about 5HTP is that for the first few days I tried taking it, I slept awful. After awhile though, best sleep ever. Completely knocked out until my alarm goes off (usually I fully wake up a minute or two before the alarm) and usually have crazy dreams that I remember for the entire day or even a couple days. (I've been writing them down lately, keeping a notebook on my bed stand.)

I stumbled upon this great little mini presentation by Sunni Brown ß Check it out! She talks about how being a doodler may be related with creative thinking and comprehension. I think it's great because I am definitely a doodler where I'm always creating little designs and shapes with multiple colors.

My usual doodles
This is what most of all my homework, notebooks, or pretty much anything school related looks like. Ranging back to early high school, I remember always just doodling during classes. Maybe that's why I could keep good grades during my entire academic career. Doodling is as easy as this! (ViHart might be one of my many dream girls... Who doesn't like a math nerd!?)

=====================================

So I forgot to submit this blog from last night, so I'll compact this little segment along with it.

I've been on that nootropic for almost a week. Today I finally felt just amazing, it was one of those feelings of "being on a roll, and nothing can stop you". It was a crazy feeling, since, well I don't really do much... ha! But.. I did get a Full Body Massage this morning. Hands down the greatest thing ever. I think everyone needs to get one of these things. To be honest, I can barely remember anything from the hour. I went to this weird zen-state, I was thinking about what I was going to do for the future, playing what-if games with different situations in my life, and just trying to play out my life if I followed a certain path. All of a sudden, they were like, "Alright Nate, I'll meet you down stairs." I was like it's over, it's been an hour?! It was probably the best way to start out any day. I'm finding somehow to get my healthcare to pay for me to get one massage a month. I honestly think EVERYONE needs to get one of these now, soon, or in the near-near future. Worth every single penny.

Hopefully all this will get me ready for a Golf Tournament this weekend. We'll see if these nootropics can help my game... I heard it was all mental

Cheerio,


Alastar Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment