Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Just Another Day at the Café


Successful Day 1 of job-hunting right? I wish. The thing is that there is a bunch of jobs. Awesome. Jobs that I’m qualified to do. Slim to none. I have always said that there are jobs out there but people don’t want to take the ones available because they are “below” their expectations. Well I think I’m about ready to say F-it, and try to find a bunch of part-time jobs at the moment. This full-time-job-finding-business is almost as annoying as that stupid mosquito that wakes you up at 4am and keeps buzzing in your ear. You swat and miss... 5 minutes of peace before it comes back.

This is kind of like my job-hunting at the moment. Except that there’s a constant number of jobs that are everywhere, but only every so often I find one that actually sparks an interest… then I click on it and read all the descriptions, and I’m like: “Rock on! I can do this”… Keep scrolling down and read the requirements… Check, check, check, … and then, BAM! How am I supposed to have 2-3 yrs experience for this entry-level job!!!! What is going on here… this is crazy. I have barely any experience here (but I do know I’m lucky enough to have more experience than most graduates that I know) and how am I supposed to get this “experience”.

I’m glad that I had someone dear to me explain about the phenomenal word of “Catch 22”. This is the worst !@#$ing Catch 22 that I’ve ever had experience with. The thing is that everyone knows this. Everyone knows this stupid little policy glitch we have in our corporate business life, but yet no one does anything about this. I have one guess, this is the best thing I can think of why it hasn’t been changed and that’s because “it’s usually just posted to scare off people who see the “2-3 years experience” and don’t apply.” (or I’m just trying to make myself feel better when I apply to them all)

Well you know what Company X… I’m going to apply to your job opening for a couple reasons.

1.     I desperately need to find a job because I need some money to spend on extravagant items that I think I own… but will sadly find out that those items surely own me.
2.     I believe I have about 23 years of experience with a solid 7 years of real life experience. I mean being a youngster in this day and age is surely 100x different than how others grew up and I think I’m pretty set with a basic presumption of how some things work. (by all means, I’m still clueless about 90% of the things out there)

Plus who knows, what if no one applied and I was one of the only ones that applied. With the luck that the other person had a spelling mistake and that only left me as the applicant. How sweet would that be! I guess that’s my dream of how easy this could be as right now, it’s difficult in trying to find the “perfect” job and the “perfect” career that I’m hoping for.  I’m surely about to become a regular at this local Internet café where the Internet slows down during lunch rush to an almost non-existent wireless connection.

I guess I'll never find out unless I try. So if anyone knows of some great jobs, shoot them my way.


Cheerio,


Alastar Swift 

No comments:

Post a Comment