Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The 1st Day of Job Hunting

Well I had planned today to be the first official day of Job hunting as I was going to stop by this Internet café and spend some time surfing job sites through out the day. Since I've been home from Taiwan I have been waking up at 5 or 6am and starting my days. It's crazy because I'm usually not a morning person and I've also been falling asleep around 10:30 or 11pm.. But this morning, I worked out, did some light reading in this amazing novel series call, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, (now I'm currently in the last half of the last book and it's one of those I can't put down books. I've also watched the movies... and sweet lord just like the Harry Potter movies.. they just put a disgrace on the book.) and watched a stand up comedy (Daniel Tosh's Happy Thoughts). This also means that I didn't get going until about 1:30pm, and I finally got to this internet cafe around 2pm. Then I find out that it closes at 3pm. Great job me.. right? Well the job hunting will have to be saved until tomorrow but I do have a couple things on my mind from the past couple of days...

Facing Fears

Especially, my fears. I faced my fear of traveling to a foreign country where I spoke barely any of the language.  Which lead me to meet some of the most amazing friends ever. That was great and it feels good to face your fears and conquer them, but at the moment I'm facing one the scariest for me. Life after college, this life doesn't have clear cut path... this has multiple paths, hidden paths, and risky paths. I had thought I had a pretty clear path when I was coming back from Taiwan, but it had fallen quickly apart as I arrive in the Denver Airport. This made me realize that I have nothing figured out which is scary as hell but at the same time I have the freedom to do anything and everything. I guess the most scariest thing for me to admit is that having so many options is quiet scary. At the moment, I've been searching for specific areas of the country that I would like to live in and then search for jobs in that area. I have also been thinking of jobs that I may be able to use my ability to speak Mandarine Chinese (well, the basics of it I guess.. haha)

One thing that I am currently struggling with is the thought of... Should I find a job where I know at least a friend in the area or do I just go for it, and go to a whole new city to start a new life. This is a hard part. I think I'm a pretty open and talkative person and easy to meet friend type of person.. but am I going to be able to do that when I put forth 40+ hours a week? I have a lot of ideas that I am wanting to do such as podcasts and maybe a video blog, since I have always been very interested in those areas.

  1. because I have a lot of awesome friend that I would love to keep in touch with, and if I could have a good podcast going, invite them on it, talk about life, love, sports, and anything else. I think it'd be a great way to stay in touch with them all.
  2. I also want to start something like this because I love to share my experiences with fucking up in life and showing what type of lessons I learned from it. (And boy, I have a lot of !@#% ups)
This next chapter in my life is driving me crazy but at the same time, I know I can pursue every single one of my dreams that I want at the moment. It's sad to leave somethings behind and some people as time just erodes friendships/relationships but sometimes we just have to take that and remember that it takes effort to keep things alive. 

Well I'm about to get kicked out of this internet café since it's about that time. Hopefully tomorrow I can come back and find that awesome 9-5 corporate gig! Gotta love life! (I wish there was a special font for sarcasm)

Well friends, I hope we can conquer our fears together because we all know it's scary as hell to face them. Until next time....


Cheerio,

Alastar Swift



No comments:

Post a Comment