Saturday, July 23, 2011

Inspiring People Since 1988

Inspiration. We all have it. At times we lose it. Other times we have more than we need.

Being able to control it though, maybe one of the toughest things in the world. I've seen the brightest days and I've seen the darkest. Nothing makes me want to create the best days of my life like from experiencing the worst.

When I'm at the worst days, it feels like nothing is ever going to go my way and I question, "Is this how my life is going to play out?"

But when I have those amazing days, it feels like I can't be stopped. I mean, on the top of the world kind of stuff, where everything seems to be able to just click.

I'm still only 23 and still a young'n with a lot to learn but this is just a tad bit of what I've learned from all the craziness I call life.

Inspiration is on my mind because, I'm sitting here. Getting denied by job after job. Living in a town that almost the only thing to do is drink on the weekends. (and drinking is getting real old for me... and my liver!)

I had a plan. After I returned to the states. It wasn't a solid plan but at least I had a reasonable sounds one. As I've learned in life... (This may be why I dislike planning) plans never work out like you think they do.

I've taken a lot of time to figure out what the hell I'm going to do with my life. Whether it be more of a creative path way or a path of helping people. Somehow I'd want to mix both paths at the moment but jobs and opportunities are quite slim at the moment. (and let's be honest, no one wants to hire a Business Administration degree graduate... what do I do with that major anyways! ha)

I've been trying to stay on top of my creative side by reading a lot of books, fiction and non-fiction. Trying to keep up on my writing, creating a movie about my trip to Taiwan, painting and trying to learn how to play this 6-string of mine.

Helping people. If I could. I wish I could start a career out of that. But I've know people that are in that line of work and it gets depressing. Depressing to see how many people out there have it 10x worse. May it be their fault or not, the struggle is out there.

One of my favorites. Jacque Fresco states: "There is no purpose in life"
To me.. Instead of getting sad. This gives me inspiration to accomplish things because knowing that I have no purpose in this life makes me understand that I need to create and take what I want out it.

BUT...

I have troubles doing this. I have troubles knowing where and what path to take in life. I have troubles knowing whether or not to keep fighting or to give up and let go. Having such a structured path for the past 18 years of my life. To me it's a littleno it's really frightening to have such an open future. The ability to do anything. (finding the opportunity would be the hard part but nevertheless...) Region, demographic, climate, culture, etc... It's just a tad bit scary because... What way do I want to go? (I mean.. they all sound awesome.)

Within the past year, I learned about a little phrase called, "Blessing in Disguise." Which to me is a little better than what I always say. "Look on the bright side or it could be worse." (One of my best friends hated me when I use to tell her that.) But in all actuality, I'm blessed with all this free time to be able to sit down and figure out my shit. Spend time learning the things that I've always wanted to and to dedicate time to things that inspire me everyday. To take time and research what type of activities and gyms/clubs are in the areas of jobs that I'm applying too. Most of being able to spend time with all my friends.. even if I have to drive a couple hours to go see them every weekend.

The biggest inspiration in my life would be my best friend. Even if he isn't here with me on this giant rock of a planet we call Earth. He's still one of the most influential people in my life. Learning that life is short. There's no time for bullshit and worrying about the small shit. It's hard to reflect sometimes because it still seems surreal that it's been over 3 years.

The real question would be. What inspires you to do your best everyday. I think sometimes we forget to remember what inspires us to love this thing we call "life". It's always good to get back and remember so that we can keep living the dream. You've heard a couple of mine, and I hope you take time to think of the things that inspire you...(and/or thank the people that inspire you.)

Wish the best for you all

Cheerio,

Alastar Swift


PS:
he said... "It's not that I'm mad, It's I'm disappointed,"
It's like you just up and disappeared, never shedding a tear.
Leaving me with this empty feeling,
Along with a busy tone which would always appear.

"Hopefully this is the right choice," he said. 
Cause it's never easy...
To be so right

NLM - 7/22
 

No comments:

Post a Comment